VENICE BEACH ECO-COTTAGES| Venice, Ca
In 2007, we began an opening launch campaign for the Venice Beach Eco-Cottages –- three former crack houses turned into “green” houses -- and delighted in explaining its “green from the inside out” concept. Due to our skill in carefully crafting and telling the cottages’ inspiring story, they have been hailed as a green standard-setter in publications including:
The New York Times ● Travel + Leisure ● Elle Magazine ● Lexus Magazine California Home + Design ● Hospitality Design: The Green Issue ● Los Angeles Magazine Ocean Home ● Yogi Times ● Los Angeles Confidential ● Travel Agent ● Tree Hugger.com 944 Magazine San Francisco
Here, is one example of the kind of big-picture results we garnered for a green, design-oriented client:
KELLY LAPLANTE, ECO-INTERIOR DESIGNER & LEXUS HYBRID LIVING PARTNER | Venice, CA
In 2008, we orchestrated a national book tour for green eco-interior designer, Kelly LaPlante. We positioned Kelly as one the country’s original green designers, who began helping her clients achieve sustainable, chic design long before green became in vogue.
In all our media and strategic partner communications, we were careful to reinforce Kelly’s brand philosophy: “Green is a standard not a style.” All proceeds for her coffee table book, écologique, are going to two green charities. Kelly LaPlante has also worked with Lexus Hybrid Living to design guest suites at Fairmont Hotels in San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
For Kelly’s book launch, we created book signing soirées with accompanying national radio campaigns and media appointments in these cities:
- LOS ANGELES: Party held at Kelly’s studio in Venice, with 150 attendees including people from Architectural Digest, KTLA Morning News, Lexus, Global Green & The Blank Theatre.
- NEW YORK: Party at trendy ABC Home was co-hosted by actress Ally Sheedy, whose home is featured in the book. VIP attendees included 70 media and actors. ABC Home is the top retail center for sustainable design in the NYC.
- DALLAS: The Fairmont Dallas hosted the book party after Kelly appeared on two local TV stations and was interviewed by the Dallas Morning News for a feature story.
- SAN FRANCISCO: Nob Hill Society members, local designers and media came to the Crystal Room at The Fairmont San Francisco to meet Kelly and tour her Lexus Hybrid Living Suite.
Our efforts have helped make Kelly LaPlante the “It” girl of green design her design work has appeared at The Oscars, The Sundance Film Festival, and the Pacific Design Center DIFFA Showcase. Key media placements include:
Plenty Magazine ● Travel + Leisure ● Hospitality Design ● Sundance’s Small Ideas for a Big Planet California Home + Design ● Zink Magazine ● Sunset Magazine ● Interior Design
● Travel Girl ● Los Angeles Confidential •● Metropolis ● Ocean Home ● Ready Made ● Western Interiors ● E The Environmental Magazine ● Connecticut Cottages & Gardens
Radio Station Interviews with Eco-Interior Designer Kelly LaPlante – Designer interviewed about creating Eco Outdoor Rooms for “Staycations” on radio stations including:
- WCBQ/WHNC-AM: Raleigh-Durham, NC
- WDIS-AM: Boston, MA
- “Emotional Pro” Internet Talk Radio Show: SFO
- KTOE-AM: Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
- KLPW-FM: St. Louis, MO
- Cable Radio Network (Lifestyle Talk): Los Angeles, CA
- WCVQ-FM: Nashville, TN
- Lifestyle Radio Network (Human Interest Talk): Boston, MA
- KCMN-AM: Colorado Springs, CO
- WASN-AM: Cleveland, OH
- KAMX-FM: Austin, TX
- WBIX-AM: Boston, MA
- WGAU-AM: Atlanta, GA
- WHK-AM: Cleveland, OH